Thursday, January 15, 2009

Soul Winning

Our desire as Christians should be to win the lost for Christ. No one is going to win them for us. I have to say that the Lord has really blessed the efforts at the church in which I am honored to be pastor.

Over the past few months we have seen five come to know the Lord as Saviour and five baptized. Now I am not bragging on anyone or myself as pastor, but I am bragging on the Lord. We are not a big congregation, only around thirty to thirty five on Sunday morning, but what the Lord has done has truly been amazing. The Spirit of the Lord is so real and evident in our people that it warms my heart to see how the Lord can take a small group of people and do his will. I mus say this, no matter what the size of the people, if God is in it, there is nothing impossible with him! There are times that we can grow tired and grow weary, but in those times just wait and hang on, God is getting ready to move. If I can be an encouragement to someone who maybe facing this trial of not knowing when or if God will, believe me that he will, and when he does get ready to be amazed! My favorite verse is Isaiah 40:31, " But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. "

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord that's great to hear. I still believe if we "Go" we will "come again with rejoicing bringing our sheves" Psa 126:6. Our biggest problem is we simply don't "GO"

    ReplyDelete