Monday, February 23, 2009

A Time To Stand

In this current day that we live in it is now that Christians need to stand more than ever. Our new President and those in Congress are on a whirlwind of change and sadly not for the better. The stimulus, or spend-u-lous plan, has created a far worse condition than we started off with. Just as with other problems in our country the Federal Gov. believes that the best way to deal with it is to throw money at it. Now, there is only three ways that the government can obtain the monies needed for this type of plan. We will either be taxed, the money will be borrowed, or the money will be printed, which is what the government is currently doing. I am sad to say that if things do not change we will possibly see the days of our great grandfathers and mothers.

Ephesians 6 tells us that we need to stand and stand clothed in the whole armour of God. Now this particular scripture also says that we war against the principalities, and the powers of the air which we know that to be Satan and his demonic servants. Why do I mention this? I mention this because of the weakness of man. Though we as Gods children are saved, and that to be for eternity, are still in the flesh and in the flesh, in the sin nature. Satan will tempt us with these times to turn us away from the faith and the truth of the word which plainly says that he, through the spirit, will never leave us nor will he forsake us. The same promise that he gave Joshua when he became the leader of his people, he still gives and provides to us today as the new testament church. I am glad to know that his promises never fail. One never knows what tomorrow holds but we know who holds tomorrow. I believe that in the months to years ahead we will see more of a falling away, the great apostasy, from the church and from the only true way which is Jesus Christ. We need to be in a manner of prayer every day that if and when we are tempted to follow those who will no doubt give in, that we are strong enough to withstand his onslaught of fiery darts and stand showing ourselves and others that the devil can't get us all. We will need to be a modern day Job. My prayer is not only for myself, my family, my church. my friends, but for all of my spiritual brothers and sisters to withstand in this ever changing time.

I'll pray for you, please pray for me as we journey on to the kingdom that is yet to come, a kingdom not made with hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment